Monday, February 25, 2008

The Happy Post

Thanks, JE, for pointing out that I've been pretty grumpy and whiny in my last couple of posts. So, I'm posting something positive today.

Things to be thankful for:

1) I have one job that I throughly enjoy. More than throughly...I LOVE MY JOB! And, it pays for my bike addiction. Enough said.

2) While I don't enjoy my second job as much, I am able to work out of my home for this company. No dealing with ornery co-workers, no office politics, and I can work whatever hours I want. Once again, this job pays the bike bills.

3) Remember that little rear-end accident I mentioned on Saturday? The kid's insurance, American Family Insurance, is going to fix my car with no problem, no questions. I was highly impressed with the way they handled things when I called them this morning. If I ever decide to change insurance companies, I would probably go with American Family just based off of how nice they were today.

4) I'm looking forward to a Spinning continuing education class at the Murray Park Center on March 7. I love the good feelings and inspiration I am always left with after taking a class from Marci. Besides, Coach Girl and Ragla are coming, so it will be a PARTY!

5) I'm also anticipating the arrival of my new wheel set: Reynolds MV32s. It's been FOREVER since I ordered them, but that's okay, I love giddy anticipation. (However, if you happen to have some authority to hurry this order along, that would be fine with me.)

6) My teammates rock! I'm really excited about this coming race season. It will be really cool to be part of an actual TEAM. Go Ski Utah!

7) I have many friends. Life without out them would be truly sad. My friends bring me happiness and entertainment. I think I'll take each of them a treat soon to let them know how much I appreciate them and how much they mean to me.

8) My grandpa is out of the hospital. What a relief. He's had more lives than a housecat. I think he's on his 12th life. I think I'll plan to go visit him in St. George one of these days soon. It'll be a good excuse to get to St. George and ride my bike. Anyone wanna go with me?

9) I'm thankful that my coach puts up with me. He rocks! Last week I bombed the plan, and he was okay with it. I'm constantly screwing things up, and he just rolls with it. I know I am stronger because of him.

10) I love good music! It inspires me to no end. If you ever see someone warming up at a race, ear buds plugged in, dancing and mouthing lyrics on the bike, you'll know it's me. Sometimes I have a hard time controlling myself while teaching a Spinning class. That's when I just ride harder.

Okay, well this turned into more of a ten-things-you-didn't-know-about-me session. Sorry. But, at least I feel better about myself because of it.

From here on out: It's my blog, and I'll whine if I want to.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

attagirl!

FWIW, I have American Family Insurance homeowners and have been totally impressed with them.

I had my first road bike -- I got it shortly after Marci turned me into a bike freak -- stolen from my garage one day. I called the insurance agent, faxed in the receipts and an 'estimated' value and they had a check to me less than a week later.

Then, when the stolen bike was recovered by police at a pawn shop and it had been stripped down, crashed, scraped, etc., I was basically told to keep it because AmFam didn't want to get into the used bike sales business. I sold it and used the sale to buy a new laptop.

March 7 at the Park Center, eh? I'll have to stop by and heckle you and Marci.

crazy4rammstein said...

Wheels? Our wheels are in??? Who what where when why how?

(Go Ski Utah!)

Rio's Rider said...

Um...no, no wheels yet. That's why I'm still waiting...so patiently.

BTW, BG, I'll probably make a quick trip to SG this weekend (70ish degrees!), so don't look for me on the ride. I'll ride with you again soon, promise.

JE, just come take the class with us. You are entitled to do so as an "official" certified Spinning instructor, you know.