Saturday, November 10, 2007

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Ha! Now everybody will have Mr. Roger's song on their minds the rest of the day!

It was a fabulous day for bike riding. I rode down to Provo to meet my club for a two hour ride. I started out from home with arm warmers on, but by the time I got to Provo, I peeled them off. It was sooo warm.

We headed out south to Spanish Fork. Our ride leader, Lance (who was wearing his Porcupine kit), led a great ride. I'll have to keep it in mind that when Lance leads, I should go.

When we got out to Spanish Fork, I decided that I'd been out long enough and should head back home. The problem was I didn't know exactly where I was. So I pulled out my phone and called my friend, Michelle, who lives in Spanish Fork. I figured that if she could direct me to her house, I would know where I was and could find my way back home. Unfortunately, she was in St. George for the weekend, so I couldn't stop by for a visit. Bummer! So I just turned around and found my way back the way I came. I didn't think I had payed too good of attention since I was having such a good time chatting with everyone on the way out. But, I managed to get myself back home again.

The coolest part of the ride was when we were passing the Spanish Fork airport and a plane came in for a landing right over our heads. It passed so close that you almost felt like you needed to duck down so it wouldn't hit you.

36 miles
2:10

0 comments: