Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I Need StReSs?!?

I am constantly getting myself in over my head. I must love stress in my life.

First off, this week I had to teach Spinning classes to a couple of groups of high schoolers. I was really worked up over this for some reason. I love teaching Spinning. But, put me in a group of cocky teenagers where the coach is making them come and they really don't want to be there, and I'm going to be nervous. Now that it's over, I can look back on it and think that it really went well. The coach told me that they're not used to being worked so hard. What? I thought teenagers were invincible. Or maybe they just think they are.

This week I have signed on to two things that I probably shouldn't have.

1) I am now the club representative at the UCA meeting tomorrow. Me. I have to vote on all the UCA issues in behalf of my club. I hope I know what I'm doing! If anyone's been to this meeting before and can give me some tips, I would most appreciate it.

2) I just signed on to be a guinea pig for the U of U cycling study. I'm actually looking forward to doing this. I am a bit nervous about the amount of pain I will be in during the study. As they said, "this study will make you VERY sore and you will stay sore for several days." But, they will pay me $200 and give me a VO2max test for my efforts. And they will do the same for you. They are looking for more people to participate, so email me if you want more information (or check here).

I'm not really sure I have time for either of these things. But somehow, it always seems to work out.

Adding to my stress this week is the fact that I'm supposed to meet with my coach for power testing. Somehow he doesn't seem to think that I need to know exactly when this is going to happen. I guess I'll just keep my calendar open....

Next week looks like a calm week so far. Let me know if you have anything you need me to volunteer for. I'm awaiting the chance to shout out, "Me, me, pick me!" while wildly waving my arm in the air.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been to a couple spin classes at my gym when a soccer or basketball coach brings in the kids.

They come in thinking it's going to be easy and the instructor gets an evil grin and punishes those snotty kids. I love it because they act like they have to outdo their buddy on the next bike over and they suffer.

If I were a coach, I think I might require a spin class or two per week for a few months to get their cardio and endurance up to snuff.