Friday, August 10, 2007

What to do, what to do?

I'm a dope! I managed to miss Wolf Creek registration. I thought I had until midnight last night to register, and at about 10:20 p.m. I pulled out the ol' credit card to get signed up, and low and behold, registration was closed. Apparently I neglected to read the bright red notice: All dates/times above are Eastern. Doh! So I email the race director to see if he's be so kind to let me into a race where I know I'm gonna get my butt kicked. I've dealt with this particular person before, so I don't expect to hear anything from him. My only option now is to drive to the race bright and early in the morning and hope to talk my way in. I'm not excited.

To tell the truth, I don't know why I'm even doing this race. All the ladies who have signed up are ranked so much higher than myself.
I can't afford to go. My back has gone into lock-down. My better senses are telling me to just stay home, save the money, and save my back. But for some reason, I'm not listening to reason. I'll be up early tomorrow. Wish me luck.

0 comments: