Thursday, August 9, 2007

Freaking Out!!!

I am VERY nervous for the race this weekend! Wolf Creek Pass Road Race: 2400 feet of climbing in 15 miles, then back down again. My back was feeling better for the past couple of days, just long enough for me to decide for sure that I'm racing. Today, it went whack again. I've been lying low all day, hoping that the problem will fix itself. So now I'm committed to racing, and it should be a suffer-fest. I hate suffering. I don't race well when I hurt, so really, I'm just hoping to finish. What a goal...just finish. This is supposed to be my priority race. If it wasn't for the back pain, I would be feeling pretty confident about things. Oh, why, oh, why must I have to have to deal with this right now?

BTW, why do so many races have the word "Creek" in their names?

0 comments: