Saturday, August 11, 2007

Ugh! That Bites!

Wolf Creek Pass Road Race today. It was hard and I hurt. I really had no business being at this race. It was way beyond my capabilities. But I finished it, and I'm calling it a good training ride. The only thing nice I have to say is that the descent was a lot of fun. Shortly into the descent I was passed by the Pro guys: Dave Zabriskie (still racing in his CSC jersey), Burke Swindlehurst (Toyota United), and Jeff Louder (Healthnet). If only I had been thinking straight at the time, I would have enjoyed the view a bit. It wasn't 'til I was down the road a way before I realized what had happened. I was so looking forward to meeting Dave Z. at the finish line, but he had taken off before I got there. I can't say I blame him. I wouldn't want a bunch of groupies like me swarming around.

BTW, Burke was wandering around after the race, but I was too chicken to go up and say "hi." Nice legs on that man. :-)

30 miles
1:56
Total climbing (including warm up) 4930 feet

I'm the one riding at the back of the group.

0 comments: