Saturday, August 4, 2007

Saturday's Ride

I'm supposed to be racing Huntsville today. Obviously, I'm not.

My back has been giving me fits lately. I think my hips are out of alignment, or something. I really should go see the chiropractor. Now's just not a good time. I'm currently the only one in the house with an income, and I can't really call it much of an income.

Anyway, my back has been sending pains and tingling down my left leg. I have no pull up on the left side when I'm pedaling. Not good for climbing. Not good for racing. Especially not good for racing a climb. Thus, no racing for me today.

I really hope it's better for Wolf Creek next week. I have to do that race, even if it's painful. Crossing my fingers that it's not more painful than it should be.

Today I rode to South Fork up Provo Canyon with my LOTOJA partner. We both need to start seriously training and getting some miles in. I'm beginning to really worry about LOTOJA. Will I be ready? I'm a better climber than she is, and she kicks my butt on the flats. So, I'm doing all the LOTOJA hills and she's taking the flatter parts. It evens out that we're each doing about half of the race, or about 100 miles each. I haven't done that kind of mileage yet this year. Next year my goal is to do LOTOJA solo.

Today: 24.5 miles in 1:40

0 comments: