Saturday, March 15, 2008

Something's Wrong

I have no desire to ride my bike. It's not right. I won't be racing RMR today because I have absolutely no inclination to do so. I've never felt this way before, and I want to figure out what is going on. Some other weird symptoms I'm having are extreme fatigue and muscle soreness when I haven't been working hard. You'd have to think that it sounds a lot like overtraining, but this is a rest week for me, and I haven't done much at all.

I know it's bad when a package of bike parts comes in the mail and I set it aside without opening it. It's even worse when I hope it snows or I get sick so I won't have to ride.

My coach thinks that since I've wrecked my bike lately, and have been sick recently too, that my body just needs some extra rest. He told me to get extra sleep at night and to take naps during the day. I have been: 9+ hours of sleep at night plus a (sometimes 2 hour) nap. Still, I'm so tired.

My chiropractor thinks that I'm not getting enough protein. He has ordered me to have a 10+ ounce rare steak, taken with some enzymes (which I have lost). If I feel better the next day, that may be the answer. I'm going to be having my steak tomorrow night at the Tree Room up at Sundance. This I'm excited for. Not only do I get dinner at the Tree Room, I get to have brunch in the morning at the Sundance Grill. Yum!

I think that maybe it's all the emotional stuff I've got going on. Too much stuff to worry about, so maybe my brain just can't handle riding right now. Who knows?

No matter what the cause, it's really got me down. I love riding my bike. It has been all I've thought about and wanted to do for the last two years.

I hope this goes away soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT!

I scurried home from Park City and skipped any warmup at all just to be at RMR in time for the C Flight race. I sucked. But I raced.

Be there next week or you're in big trouble!

;)

Rio's Rider said...

Good for you, Mr. E! Sorry I missed out. I went snowshoeing at Sundance instead. It was snowing really hard up there, and I figured that the race had been cancelled anyway. Looks like I was wrong.

BTW, I'm glad to be in trouble with somebody. It actually (and strangely) makes me feel better. :-)

Downhilldiva said...

Give it a week. It will help our motiviation if the stupid sun would ever come out. Remember how good it feels to ride with the sun on your bare arms and legs. RMR this weekend. We need to get back out there and represent.

Anonymous said...

What downhilldiva said. A little sunshine and blue sky does a body good.