Sunday, March 23, 2008

RMR - Round Two

I raced RMR again yesterday. I sucked. I really only raced to chase down some lost confidence. Although, I'm not sure that racing with stronger, faster men is the way for me to gain confidence. Sling says I really didn't do as badly as I thought I did. He didn't race with me this time -- he just observed and took pictures. If you really want more race details than what I provide here, you'll have to ask.

Here I am chasing from off the back (My team kit hasn't come in yet):




Here's my teammate, BG:



The most important part is that I had fun. The drag strip course is more challenging and interesting than the circle track was. I'll be back next week to chase down some lost aggression.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good to finally meet you after all the blog comment exchanges.

I really think a seperate women's flight would be best, but I know there usually isn't a large number of women out there at RMR. But it would give you ladies a chance to measure yourselves more accurately.

I'll probably skip this week's crit because I'm doing the Icebreaker Tri in A.F., but if I'm feeling extra ambitious, I might do the crit, too.

Anonymous said...

It is good to see the ladys out there at RMR. Maybe if the women continue to voice concern about a women flight then eventually it will happen - I hope.

crazy4rammstein said...

I don't care how fast they are, I love chasing boys on bikes. It's hot!

(Yeah, I don't get out much...unless it's on a bike. Sad.)

Kris: Next time, we will regroup as a team and practice chasing back onto the pack. This would be a great workout for, plus we will go faster together pacelining than by ourselves. One hard thing, I can never tell who has been dropped behind me, so I don't know where you ladies are, unless you're ahead of me. It's really hard to think out there seeing as how my brain is scrambled from the effort and I can barely even see or breathe!

Riding it alone is not all bad. I really love pushing myself, TT practice you know. One of my goals is to stop screwing around as push it in TTs. I have averaged my highest HR, Average and Normalized power at both RMRs...why can't I push it that much in a TT and do better? I'm sick of being last.

You are not the only one a bit down about her efforts. :(