Saturday, March 8, 2008

Rocky Mountain Raceway

I raced at Rocky Mountain Raceway again today. Only today was a little different than the last time I raced there. This time I was on a bike instead of in a race car. Today the quarter mile was a lot slower than it used to be. I used to run a 15-second quarter mile in a stock '67 El Camino. And I used to beat the guys! I remember once walking past one of the guys I beat just as he was complaining to his buddy that he'd lost. I looked over at him and said, "Yea, and you lost to a girl!" Yes, I was a brat. But I digress...

It was a little freaky for me to warm up going backwards on the familiar drag strip today. But the race wasn't held on the drag strip. We raced the circle track.

Round and round and round the circle track. Racing with a group of mostly men. Slingshot came out and raced with me. That was cool. He beat me. I have no idea where I placed, but I know I didn't lose. Which is actually surprising because I've been sick for most of the week. I went to the Dr. for strep on Wednesday. Hopefully next week's RMR race will be a little kinder on me.

Being out at the track again today inspires me to want to relive the rush. I'm going to race a dragster down the drag strip this summer. Bring back the old times, baby!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next week, I'll be there -- ready to beat you like a girl racing with the boys! ;)

Atually, my only goal is to not finish last and to not crash.

That's it.

Mr.E

crazy4rammstein said...

I am beyond jealous that you drove race car! That's something I've wanted to do forever. Do you have pics?

Irideiwrite: You wont crash, BUT, you'd better knock on some wood after that comment!

Rio's Rider said...

I'll have to dig some out and scan them in. No promises though...the pics and the scanner are buried pretty deep!

Also, I've been corrected...it was a '65 El Camino.

Mr. E - I'll believe you'll be there when I see you. I'm beginning to think you don't really exist outside of the internet. ;-)

Anonymous said...

dang, my secret is out.

I'm just a figment of my own imagination