Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Vicious Cycle of Sickness & A Story

Can you believe I'm sick AGAIN!! What's up with that? This time is the worst yet. Maybe I'm jinxing myself by posting "this time is the worst yet" every time I get sick. Then my body has to show me how much worse it can be. Or, it could be that my body will do anything to get out of lifting weights.

The other day I went out to lunch with my friends. We were celebrating my belated birthday, so of course they had to tell our waiter about it. As we were all sitting around chatting, the subject of guys who shave their legs came up. I, very loudly, announced, "I think guys who shave their legs are HOT!" As I looked around the table at my friends, I noticed that strangely, they were not looking at me, but above my head. "They're standing right behind me, aren't they?" I hesitantly asked. Sure enough, I turned around and found five waiters, holding a treat and waiting to sing to me, standing there. I was too embarrassed to check to see if any of them shaved their legs.

Later, I told the above story in the company of a six-year-old boy, who now tells his mother that he wants to shave his legs so he can be hot when he grows up. Too funny!

0 comments: