Thursday, October 4, 2007

Questions to be Answered

Feeling much better today. Thank you for asking.

I went to the gym today and worked out with the city fire department. All of them. I love it when they're there staring at you and whispering. I'm sure it's got to be something about how little weight I'm lifting. Some old guy tried to pick up on me by telling me that it looked like I "work hard in the gym regularly". Ewww! Creepy. I think I'll start wearing a muumuu when I work out.

Talked to my best friend from childhood today. She made the comment about how she couldn't understand why anybody would want to ride their bike uphill. I told her that for me it's that sense of accomplishment you feel when you get to the top and look down at where you came from. Sure, it hurts to climb monster hills, but feels really good when you're done and can come back down at 40+ mph.

So what is it for you? Why do you enjoy climbing, sprinting, racing, or any of the other methods of cycling fun? If you're reading this, and you ride a bike, you are qualified to post a comment. Go ahead -- it won't hurt. Promise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't like climbing. At all.

I like descending. And 20 minutes of speed is well worth the 60 minutes of climbing to get it.

I ride because it is freedom. Freedom from the kids. Freedom from work. Freedom from my computer. Freedom from many things.

Rio's Rider said...

Ah, yes! Freedom. Me, too. Great answer, je.