Thursday, October 25, 2007

Driving Myself into the Ground

I'm exhausted!

I don't even know why I'm up right now. Strange need to blog before crashing into bed, I guess.

I've taught more than half of the Spinning classes at my gym this week. Coach Girl hasn't been teaching since her accident. Another instructor broke her toe and has a sick kid. And another instructor had issues come up with her other job so she couldn't teach her classes. So it's just been me and Ragla teaching all of the classes this week.

I got to teach two interval classes on Monday. I love intervals, so of course I worked it hard in each of the classes (sorry, Coach :-), I know I wasn't supposed to). Tuesday, I managed to let Ragla take all of the classes, so I had the day off from teaching. I lifted weights instead. Wednesday was Strength day. I decided to teach a power build. Huge gears and fast cadence with lots of out of saddle time. The first class was really hard, and I wondered how I would pull off another one a couple of hours later. The second class hurt a little at first, but once I got into the groove, I was able to pull it off. It's hard to fake it when you're the instructor. Today was another interval day. I can't let my people down, so we worked it hard again. They moan and groan, but love it and want more. So I give it to them.

I came home and crashed. Well, I couldn't exactly crash. I had stuff to do. But, I stumbled through my day in a crashing kind of way. I found that I didn't have the time, or the energy to go back to the gym and lift weights. I feel so guilty!

It's always when I feel so wiped out that all the crap starts hitting the fan. Everything seems to be coming down on me at once. Won't go into detail here, but I feel overwhelmed right now.

And I have to sub more classes tomorrow. I was supposed to ride my bike. I need to ride my bike. We'll see what happens.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor girl.

I was about to get certified to be a spin instructor but couldn't find the time to get that little paperwork out of the way.

I still do spin 2-3 times a week though because the gym's babysitter is better than my Burley trailer.

Remember, you can scream at the class, tell them to crank it up, go faster, go harder, whatever and you can fake it!