Monday, August 10, 2009

There's Something About August

Could it seriously be August already? Where did the summer go? I was just thinking about putting up Old Glory when I realized that July was over.

My body knows it's August. I've learned over the past few years that my body calls it a season when August starts. I thought this year would be different. Without a coach to push me, I've kinda taken it easy on myself lately. This week, I was going to start bringing the training back up to par, but after a couple of easy to medium-hard workouts, I'm already exhausted. My legs feel like dead weight - I even have a hard time walking without tripping over the carpet.

Maybe the problem this year is all the extra stress I've put myself under. The extra hours of work, job hunting, school classes every night, and mounds of homework have taken their toll. Luckily, this semester is starting to wind down. I have an easier week to look forward to this week: I ONLY have a three hour court-viewing experience, a final exam to study for and take, and three papers to write. Then it's party and rest for the weekend, Tour of Utah's up the following week to take my mind off school, and then back at it all again by the end of the month.

0 comments: